In 2020, the ACM Tasmania Branch is offering education and continuing professional development scholarships to full, graduate and student members.
Education and Professional Development Scholarship
The Tasmania Branch scholarships aim to provide midwives and midwifery students with financial assistance to attend ACM conferences or continuing education events.
Tasmania Branch offers three scholarships:
- ACM student member (for attendance at the ACM national conference)
- ACM full financial member (for attendance at the ACM national conference)
- ACM full financial member (for attendance at continuing education event of choice)
- have been full members of ACM for at least the previous two years and be current members of the TAS Branch; the exception is if you are a student or graduate member of ACM
- not have defaulted on the terms and conditions of an ACM scholarship previously awarded
- have demonstrated participation in ACM activities at some stage in the previous two years, if a full member
- provide details of any other financial support, paid leave or other benefits received in relation to the activity or project aligned to the scholarship application
Terms and Conditions
If you are awarded a scholarship, you must:
- provide a written report within three months of completion of the study/event/research
- provide an article for consideration for publication in Australian Midwifery News within three months of completion of the study/event/research.
- be prepared to share your professional development experience at an ACM Tas event.
- acknowledge ACM where the scholarship has supported any thesis, dissertation, publication or presentation resulting from research/study undertaken.
How to Apply
If you have any queries, please contact us.
Closing date: Wednesday, 1st April 2020.