The Centre of Research Excellence in Stillbirth (Stillbirth CRE) and Australian College of Midwives (ACM) Research Fellowship of up to $20,500
Stillbirth CRE & ACM Research Fellowship
In partnership with ACM, the Stillbirth CRE offer annual Researh Fellowships to undertake research related to the goals and priority areas of the Stillbirth CRE. This does not include support for conference attendance or presentation.
In 2021 one fellowship will be awarded to the value of up to $20,500.
- Applicants must hold current midwifery registration and be currently undertaking or planning to undertake research related to the goals and priority areas of the Stillbirth CRE;
- Applicants must be able to clearly articulate how the research is related to the goals and priority areas of the Stillbirth CRE;
- Applicants must be able to clearly identify how the fellowship funds will be utilised for the research goals;
- Applicants must not have defaulted on the terms and conditions of an ACM grant or scholarship previously awarded.
Terms and Conditions
The awardee of the fellowship must:
- Use the funds for research related to the goals and priority areas of the Stillbirth CRE within a 12-month period.
- Provide a short biography with a photo for use on the ACM and Stillbirth CRE websites and newsletters
- Provide a written report on the outcomes of the research for use on the ACM and Stillbirth CRE websites and newsletter, within 3 months completion of the Fellowship
- Acknowledge the Stillbirth CRE and ACM where the Fellowship has supported any thesis, dissertation, publication or presentation resulting from research/study undertaken
- Submit an abstract for a presentation in relation to the research topic at a relevant conference within one year of completing the project
- Present your findings at the Stillbirth CRE Annual National Stillbirth Forum in the year following the awarding of the fellowship
How to apply
Applications and supporting materials to be submitted via the ACM scholarship email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form Scholarship Policy
If you have any queries, please contact us.
Applications have now closed
Selection of candidates will be undertaken by the Director of the Stillbirth CRE, a midwife involved in the CRE and the CEO of the ACM (or their delegate).
The Centre of Research Excellence in Stillbirth (The Stillbirth CRE - https://www.stillbirthcre.org.au/) is a national collaboration addressing the neglected tragedy of stillbirth. Through a priority driven program, the Stillbirth CRE aims to reduce the rate of stillbirth and improve care for parents and families whose baby is stillborn.
The goal is to reduce the number of stillbirths that occur after 28 weeks’ gestation, and to improve the quality of care received by families whose baby is stillborn.
ACM is a key partner in the Stillbirth CRE.
The Stillbirth CRE research program addresses priorities across four major priority areas:
- Improving care and outcomes for women with risk factors for stillbirth.
- Developing new approaches for identifying women at increased risk of stillbirth (e.g. using biomarkers).
- Implementing best practice in care after stillbirth and in subsequent pregnancies.
- Improving knowledge of causes and contributors to stillbirth.