Webcast: 1 August 2019
ACM Members - you do not need to purchase the webinar. You can access this for free by using your Members Only Self Enrolment Key and going diretly to ACM's Midwives learn. Click on the images below to get your key and access the webinar.
Speech Pathology Australia and the Australian College of Midwives are committed to interprofessional collaboration and learning health outcomes.
The World Health Organisation supports interprofessional education and defines such practice as two or more professions working together to learn about, from and with each other to enable effective collaborative practice resulting in the delivery of the highest quality care and health outcomes for clients (World Health Organization, 2010).
The aim of this webinar is to familiarise speech pathologists and midwives with up-to-date evidence-based education on the identification and treatment pathways for infants (0–6 weeks) suspected of having a tongue tie.
What you will learn about?
Upon successful completion of the webinar participants will be able to:
- Understand the anatomy and function of the developing tongue and frenulum;
- Recognise why tongue tie (TT) is important to consider in the context of feeding and development in infants 0-6 years;
- Demonstrate an understanding of current evidence-based tools for the identification and assessment of TT;
- Decide, on application of the evidence and these tools, when to refer onto other specialists for further management and when other management options are appropriate; and
- Understand potential pathways post TT assessment and evidence-based treatment approaches, should feeding problems persist
BNurs, PGradDipClinNur (Midwifery), (FACM), (IBCLC)
Australian College of Midwives
BSc(Speech Pathology), MSc(Speech and Language Therapy), MSPA, CPSP
Queensland Children's Hospital, Children’s Health Queensland
For purchases - PLEASE NOTE:
- After purchasing an ACM Webinar Recording you will be sent an email within 2 business days containing instructions on how to access the course . The instructions will be separate to your receipt of purchase which will be emailed to you sooner. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
- Purchases of Midwives Learn E-Learning Courses and Webinars may be tax deductible.