Webcast: 19 March 2020
ACM Members - you do not need to purchase the webinar. You can access this for free by using your Members Only Self Enrolment Key and going diretly to ACM's Midwives learn. Click on the images below to get your key and access the webinar.
What you will learn about
Sarah will discuss the following
- An overview of surrogacy in Australia, including the criteria to engage in surrogacy, the different legal aspects and requirements.
- An insight into surrogacy teams in Australia, including details of demographics and the relationships between the parties, roles and relationships post-surrogacy.
- Expectations of the surrogacy teams for pregnancy care and birth planning including:
- Bodily autonomy, treatment and privacy of the surrogate.
- Decision-making of the parties with regards to treatment during pregnancy and birth.
- Involvement and attendance of the intended parents in appointments and at the birth.
- Needs of the parties at birth and post-birth.
- Milk and feeding of surrogacy baby.
- Best care provider practices for surrogacy teams, including ideas for hospital surrogacy policies.
Presented by Sarah Jeffords
Sarah Jefford is a family and surrogacy lawyer in Melbourne. Sarah was an IVF mum, and has been an egg donor and a traditional surrogate, delivering a baby for two dads in 2018.
Sarah publishes The Australian Surrogacy Handbook and produces The Australian Surrogacy Podcast, sharing stories from intended parents and surrogates from around Australia. Sarah provides support, education and advice for parties to surrogacy and donor arrangements and advocates for best practice altruistic surrogacy which promotes the interests of the child and the autonomy of the surrogate.
Recently, Sarah has provided support for surrogacy teams proceeding with a hospital birth, advising on hospital policy and the best ways that a healthcare provider can support a surrogacy team throughout pregnancy, birth and post-partum. Sarah blogs regularly on surrogacy and donor conception at her website www.sarahjefford.com
For purchases - PLEASE NOTE:
- After purchasing an ACM Webinar Recording you will be sent an email within 2 business days containing instructions on how to access the course . The instructions will be separate to your receipt of purchase which will be emailed to you sooner. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
- This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
- Purchases of Midwives Learn E-Learning Courses and Webinars may be tax deductible.