About the Presenter
This webinar is presented by Claire Foord, Founder & CEO. A passionate advocate, Claire through Still Aware shares what we know, through vital research and as such is helping to reduce preventable stillbirth in Australia providing awareness, education and the platform that stillbirth deserves. Claire’s efforts have been recognized when she was awarded South Australia’s Local Hero, in the 2016 Australian of The Year Awards.
About Still Aware
Still Aware is the only not-for-profit organisation in Australia dedicated to raising awareness of stillbirth and it’s driving change and working tirelessly towards reducing preventable stillbirth. Change prior to the event. Change through education of clinicians and expectant families. They continue to work with key researchers in the field to gather and report data of care provisions already offered internationally, but which are not offered to Australian patients.
What you will learn about?
This information is compiled from published research data. Through prenatal care, an expectant families individual history should be considered and a conversation relating to potential risk factors is suggested. This information is not intended to replace the advice of a trained medical professional. Still Aware provides this knowledge as a courtesy, not as a substitute for personalised medical advice and disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information. Rather, the organisation encourages expectant families and clinicians to ask the questions.
Quality antenatal care that is accessible to all, has the potential to reduce stillbirth rates in high-income countries. Multiple risk factors would warrant closer or more regular monitoring throughout pregnancy, particularly in the third trimester.
SELF ENROL INSTRUCTIONS:
- You will be directed to our online learning portal Midwives Learn. This requires a separate log in/account.
- If you do not already have an account, please click here for instructions on how to create one. We suggest you use the same email as you have for the ACM website.
- Once on webinar homepage,
- click 'Enrol Me' to access the webinar and it will open.
- Watch the webinar,
- Complete feedback, and
- Collect your Certificate.
- If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This activity maybe used to count towards your CPD requirements for Registration. It is your responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.