Webcast 29 July 2014
ACM Members - you do not need to purchase the webinar. You can access this for free by using your Members Only Self Enrolment Key and going diretly to ACM's Midwives learn. Click on the images below to get your key and access the webinar.
About the Presenter
We are pleased to present this webinar facilitated by Suzanne Yates from the UK.
Suzanne studied Shiatsu in the 1980's and set up Well Mother in Bristol, UK, in 1990 to support the wisdom of parents and babies with bodywork, primarily Shiatsu. After building up her expertise in the field, which included working with midwives and doing an audit on Shiatsu for induction at her local hospital, St Michaels, she began teaching health professionals including midwives about Shiatsu. Suzanne’s book “Shiatsu for Midwives” was published in 2003 and since then she has also published “Beautiful Birth” for parents and “Pregnancy and Childbirth” for practitioners working with maternity clients. She regularly writes blogs on her website explaining the relevance of Shiatsu, especially in the maternity field. Suzanne teaches internationally, regularly visiting America, Australasia and Europe. She has written numerous articles on the subject and has spoken at many international events.
About the Webinar
The presentation includes:
- Understanding a little more about the relevance of Shiatsu for midwives
- Theoretic basis of Shiatsu
- Touch based skills you can include in your practice
- Detailed knowledge of some specific acupuncture points (specifically including some of those about which there are many myths circulating).
For purchases - PLEASE NOTE:
- After purchasing an ACM Webinar Recording you will be sent an email within 2 business days containing instructions on how to access the course . The instructions will be separate to your receipt of purchase which will be emailed to you sooner. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
- This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
- Purchases of Midwives Learn E-Learning Courses and Webinars may be tax deductible.