Webcast: 5 August 2020
ACM Members - you do not need to purchase the webinar. You can access this for free by using your Members Only Self Enrolment Key and going diretly to ACM's Midwives learn. Click on the images below to get your key and access the webinar.
The presentation will address the following learning objectives:
- Describe benefits and risks associated with using domperidone as a galactagogue
- Outline advantages and disadvantages to using domperidone over other galactagogues
- Discuss controversies and risk management approaches for using domperidone safely in clinical practice
- Summarise key evidence-practice gaps as they relate to domperidone use in clinical practice
Presented by Dr Luke Grzeskowiak
Dr Luke Grzeskowiak is a clinical pharmacist at Flinders Medical Centre in Adelaide and a Senior Research Fellow in the Robinson Research Institute at the University of Adelaide. He is passionate about improving health outcomes for mothers and babies through the development and promotion of more effective and safer approaches towards medicines use.
Luke is currently the lead investigator on a number of projects examining the use of domperidone to boost breast milk supply in clinical practice, predictors of treatment response to domperidone, and causes of low breast milk supply. He is also the lead investigator on a large clinical trial comparing the effects of different doses of domperidone in the treatment of low breast milk supply. He has published widely on the topic of treatment for low breast milk supply, with many of these publications cited in clinical practice guidelines locally and internationally.
His presentation reviews current evidence regarding the use of domperidone for increasing breast milk supply.
1 CPD hour
SELF ENROL INSTRUCTIONS:
- You will be directed to our online learning portal Midwives Learn. This requires a separate log in/account.
- If you do not already have an account, please click here for instructions on how to create one. We suggest you use the same email as you have for the ACM website.
- Once on webinar homepage,
- Enter ACM Code then click 'Enrol Me' to access the webinar and it will open.
- Watch the webinar,
- Complete feedback, and
- Collect your Certificate.
- If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For purchases - PLEASE NOTE:
- After purchasing an ACM Webinar Recording you will be sent an email within 2 business days containing instructions on how to access the course . The instructions will be separate to your receipt of purchase which will be emailed to you sooner.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
- This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
- Purchases of Midwives Learn E-Learning Courses and Webinars may be tax deductible.