Webinar Recording: Pregnancy Care Guidelines
Webcast: 11th September 2018
ACM Members - you do not need to purchase the webinar. You can access this for free by using your Members Only Self Enrolment Key and going diretly to ACM's Midwives learn. Click on the images below to get your key and access the webinar.
In this webinar recording, Professor Jeremy Oats and Professor Caroline Homer join the ACM Education Unit, as they walk midwives through the latest edition of the Clinical Practice Guidelines - Pregnancy Care Guidelines.
About the Webinar
In February 2018, the Department of Health released the Clinical Practice Guidelines - Pregnancy Care Guidelines, which aim to 'provide a reliable and standard reference for health professionals providing antenatal care. They summarise the available evidence on many aspects of antenatal care and have been designed to improve the experience and outcomes of pregnancy care for Australian women and their families.'
As a health professional providing antenatal care to women, it's vital that you understand these guidelines and the wide range of topics that they cover. We encourage all midwives, obstetricians, maternal and child health nurses, and anyone caring for women during pregnancy to register for this exclusive webinar with the Co-Chairs of the Expert Advisory Group. This is your chance to hear first-hand:
- why Modules I & II (Clinical Practice Guidelines: Antenatal Care) where superseded;
- how the new edition was developed;
- how the evidence-based recommendations and practice points where graded; and
- how these guidelines affect your practice.
If you're not sure if you're able to make it to the live event, we're happy to let you know that this webinar will be recorded. We are also accepting questions in the lead-up to the webinar, so please forward your enquiries to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can enter questions when submitting your registration.
Meet the Presenters
Professor Jeremy Oats and Professor Caroline Homer have been the co-chairs of the Expert Advisory Group for the development of the National Pregnancy Care Guidelines since 2009. Jeremy has an even longer association with the guidelines having advocated for them and worked with external groups to develop the initial reviews and stock take of existing guidelines since 1998.
Caroline and Jeremy suggest that you download a copy of the Pregnancy Care Guidelines and have these with you when we do the webinar, as we will be able to refer to specific sections as we talk and you will also have an opportunity to ask questions.
For more information on the Pregnancy Care Guidelines, please visit http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/pregnancycareguidelines.
This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
For purchases - PLEASE NOTE:
- After purchasing an ACM Webinar Recording you will be sent an email within 2 business days containing instructions on how to access the course . The instructions will be separate to your receipt of purchase which will be emailed to you sooner. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
- Purchases of Midwives Learn E-Learning Courses and Webinars may be tax deductible.