Webcast: 20 May 2020
ACM Members - you do not need to purchase the webinar. You can access this for free by using your Members Only Self Enrolment Key and going diretly to ACM's Midwives learn. Click on the images below to get your key and access the webinar.
This is an overview of the current recognition and management of women at high risk of developing preeclampsia or who have preeclampsia and the role of the midwife in her care.
- review the physiological changes to blood pressure in pregnancy
- define hypertensive disorders of pregnancy
- briefly outline the history of the management of hypertensive disorders in pregnancy
- discuss the care of a woman with preeclampsia and eclampsia
- outline the short and long term effects of preeclampsia on the woman and her baby
- discuss preeclampsia community resources and peer support
- outline research initiatives and the prediction or prevention of preeclampsia
Presented by Adrienne White
Adrienne lives in Melbourne and has been a practicing midwife for more than 40 years. She is currently a clinical research midwife in the Pregnancy Research Centre at the Women's in Victoria. She has worked as a clinical midwife, midwifery lecturer, childbirth educator and lactation consultant in Melbourne, Perth (Scotland), London and Adelaide. She was recently privileged to spend 4 years as a volunteer midwife with placements in Port Moresby in Papua New Guinea, the Thai-Burma Border in northern Thailand, and Phnom Penh in Cambodia. In her current role she works with women who have experienced preeclampsia and/or are participating in clinical trials.
For purchases - PLEASE NOTE:
- After purchasing an ACM Webinar Recording you will be sent an email within 2 business days containing instructions on how to access the course . The instructions will be separate to your receipt of purchase which will be emailed to you sooner.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
- Purchases of Midwives Learn E-Learning Courses and Webinars may be tax deductible.