About the webinar
Learn about National Rural Health Student Network (NRHSN) and how you can get involved!
The National Rural Health Student Network (NRHSN) represents the future of rural health in Australia. It has more than 9,000 members who belong to 28 university Rural Health Clubs from all states and territories.
The NRHSN is Australia’s only multi-disciplinary student health network, bringing together people studying medicine, nursing and allied health, encouraging them to pursue rural health careers.
About the Presenter
Fiona grew up on a cattle station in remote central Queensland where she developed an innate appreciation for rural community culture which ignited her passion for rural and remote health. Fiona is now based in Sydney, studying her Bachelor of Nursing at the University of Sydney where she hopes to spark an interest in rural health in other students who haven’t yet considered rural experiences. She is an active member of her rural health club (MIRAGE), having first completed her role as Social Representative in 2018, Treasurer in 2019 and now newly elected as Co-chair for 2020.
She has recently collaborated in projects with the NSW Rural Doctors Network, participated in Rural Nursing Trips in NSW and has completed rural placements in Broken Hill and Bathurst. She also recently presented at the Australian College of Midwives Student Conference in Canberra, September 2019 and was incredibly humbled by the student midwifery community. Fiona is extremely honored to have the opportunity to represent health students on a national platform and to continue collaborating within a supportive network of passionate and influential advocates.
For more information see the NRHSN Career Flyer for Midwives here
Rural Placements Guide for Students: https://www.nrhsn.org.au/resources/publications/rural-placements-guide/
Engagement Guides: https://www.nrhsn.org.au/resources/publications/engagement-guides/
SELF ENROL INSTRUCTIONS:
- You will be directed to our online learning portal Midwives Learn. This requires a separate log in/account.
- If you do not already have an account, please click here for instructions on how to create one. We suggest you use the same email as you have for the ACM website.
- Once on webinar homepage,
- click 'Enrol Me' to access the webinar and it will open.
- Watch the webinar,
- Complete feedback, and
- Collect your Certificate.
- If you have any questions please email email@example.com
- This activity maybe used to count towards your CPD requirements for Registration. It is your responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.