Webcast: 22 June 2016
ACM Members - you do not need to purchase the webinar. You can access this for free by using your Members Only Self Enrolment Key and going diretly to ACM's Midwives learn. Click on the images below to get your key and access the webinar.
This Webinar recordings looks closely at:
- Key terms associated with GBS colonisation and Early Onset GBS Disease (EOGBSD)
- Global incidence of EOGBSD
- National and International approaches to screening for GBS
- Recommended antibiotic protocols
- The evidence around intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis (IAP), chlorhexidine douche- 2 integrative literature searches will be discussed
- The antenatal microbiome-are we doing more harm than good?
About The Presenter
Kate Braye has more than 30 years of midwifery experience. Trained as a midwife at the Princess Anne in Southampton, UK, she commenced midwifery practice in Australia at the Royal Hospital for Women in Paddington, Sydney. The family moved to Newcastle and Kate discovered team midwifery. For seven years she was a team member of the Belmont Midwifery Group Practice and currently practises as an eligible midwife in the Hunter region, providing homebirth and support for women birthing in hospital. She works as a midwife specialist at the high acuity John Hunter birthing suite. Kate is a lactation consultant and is a facilitator for ALSO (Advanced Life Saving in Obstetrics), BaBE (Becoming a Breech Expert) and CRANA (Council of Remote Area Nurses Association). Kate has a Master of Midwifery (UTS) and is a PhD candidate.
For purchases - PLEASE NOTE:
- After purchasing an ACM Webinar Recording you will be sent an email within 2 business days containing instructions on how to access the course . The instructions will be separate to your receipt of purchase which will be emailed to you sooner. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
- This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
- Purchases of Midwives Learn E-Learning Courses and Webinars may be tax deductible.