Webcast: 15 May 2014
ACM Members - you do not need to purchase the webinar. You can access this for free by using your Members Only Self Enrolment Key and going diretly to ACM's Midwives learn. Click on the images below to get your key and access the webinar.
In a few short decades, the role of men in the pregnancy, birth and early parenting spaces has radically changed and transformed. Men are now attending antenatal appointments, actively participating in childbirth education classes, present at birth, providing postpartum support to their partners and involved in early parenting.
The best outcomes are achieved for mums, babies and dads when men are prepared with the knowledge and confidence to play these roles effectively.
Darren has distilled the needs of expectant and new dads down to needing more opportunities to be engaged, educated and supported in male-friendly and father-focused ways.
About the Webinar
The presentation topics include:
- What are the needs of expectant and new dads?
- What are engagement strategies we can use to get dads on board?
- What are some practical educational strategies we can use to play our role in facilitating the preparation of dads to play these roles?
- How do we provide support to expectant and new dads?
- What are some effective strategies for achieving better outcomes with challenging men and couple dynamics?
About the Presenter
Darren is an Australian-based dad and is now recognised as a leading expectant and new dad specialist in Australia and the USA. His ground-breaking work focuses on engaging, educating and supporting expectant and new dads as they prepare for birth and the role of fatherhood. Darren also educates birth professionals on engaging and supporting expectant and new dads, co-facilitates birth preparation workshops for couples and is a huge fan of birth photography. In 2013, he founded Becoming Dad.
For purchases - PLEASE NOTE:
- After purchasing an ACM Webinar Recording you will be sent an email within 2 business days containing instructions on how to access the course . The instructions will be separate to your receipt of purchase which will be emailed to you sooner. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
- This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
- Purchases of Midwives Learn E-Learning Courses and Webinars may be tax deductible.