Buy Supporting Women to Breastfeed and Postnatal Refresher here for $176 for ACM Members and $352 for Non Members!
PURCHASE YOUR ACCESS NOW FOR 50% OFF FOR WORLD BREASTFEEDING WEEK!
Completing this course will re-enforce your knowledge in how to best support women with their breastfeeding challenges, queries and concerns.
About the course
This course is designed for qualified midwives who want to refresh their knowledge about breastfeeding. Childbirth and breastfeeding is an extraordinary and challenging life event which profoundly influences a woman’s physical, social and emotional well-being. The care, information and emotional support that the midwife offers a woman and her chosen companions sets the scene to protect the woman’s physical wellbeing and nurture her emotional strengths as she becomes a mother.
In this course we describe the knowledge and skills midwives require to successfully assist women to instigate and then continue to breastfeed their babies. The content within this course covers:
- Breastfeeding in Australia
- How breastfeeding works
- Breastfeeding in the first 24 hours
- Getting breastfeeding off to a good start
- Breastfeeding challenges
- Breastfeeding equipment
- Continuing to breastfeed
- Mothers not breastfeeding
Course Access: All users are provided with 12 months access from the date of their enrolment.
CPD Hours: This course has been recognised by the ACM for 8 CPD hours, which is equivalent to the average time taken to complete the course by users during the testing period.
Course Overview: Download the details here
- After purchasing an ACM E-Learning Course you will be sent an email within 2 business days containing instructions on how to access the course . The instructions will be seperate to your receipt of purchase which will be emailed to you sooner. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
- Purchases of Midwives Learn E-Learning Courses may be tax deductible.