This course is an overview of the care required during the postnatal period with an emphasis on the emotional components of family health and wellbeing. The course explores the contextual changes in postnatal care over the last decade and the 'culture of birth' in the institutions where the majority of women birth in Australia. The importance of perinatal mental health and social and emotional wellbeing is highlighted.
Completing this course will increase your knowledge and understanding of:
· The needs of women and their babies in the postnatal period;
· Changes in postnatal care over the past decade;
· The importance of assessing a woman's emotional health, coping strategies and physical wellbeing at each postnatal contact;
· Resources to assist in giving women evidence based, consistent information and support with breastfeeding;
· The needs of women with complex care requirements in the postnatal period;
· Promoting quality and safety in maternity care
Download the course overview here.
This course is part one of ACM's Refresher Program for Midwives. To find out more about this program, please visit www.midwives.org.au/shop/refresher-program-midwives.
After purchasing an ACM eLearning Course, you will be manually enrolled by the ACM Education Team. Check your dashboard in your Midwives Learn account and begin the course when it becomes available. You will then have 12 months to complete this course.
*Reminder: you must be logged in to view member pricing.