Completing this course will re-enforce your knowledge on the requirements of neonatal resuscitation.
About the course
This course is designed for qualified midwives who want to refresh their knowledge about neonatal resuscitation.
Childbirth is an extraordinary and challenging life event which profoundly influences a woman’s physical, social and emotional well-being.The care, information and emotional support that the midwife offers the labouring woman and her chosen companions can set the scene to protect the woman’s physical wellbeing and nurture her emotional strengths.
In this course we describe the goals, assessment and procedures involved in basic neonatal resuscitation. The content within this course covers:
- Initial assessment of the newborn
- Commencement of resuscitation
- Intermittent Positive Pressure Ventilation
- External chest compressions
- Meconium-stained liquor
- Documenting resuscitation and communication
Course Access: All users are provided with 12 months access from the date of their enrolment.
CPD Hours: This course has been recognised by the ACM for 3 CPD hours, which is equivalent to the average time taken to complete the course by users during the testing period.
Course Overview: Download the details here
- After purchasing an ACM E-Learning Course you will be sent an email within 2 business days containing instructions on how to access the course . The instructions will be seperate to your receipt of purchase which will be emailed to you sooner. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
- Purchases of Midwives Learn E-Learning Courses may be tax deductible.