Completing this e-Learning course will re-enforce your knowledge in how to manage epidural and/or spinal analgesia.
About the course
This course is designed for qualified midwives who want to refresh their knowledge about the management of epidural and spinal analgesia for labour and birth.
The care, information and emotional support that the midwife offers the labouring woman and her chosen companions can set the scene to protect the woman’s physical wellbeing and nurture her emotional strengths as she becomes a mother. In this course we describe the assessment and procedures involved in providing the woman with epidural and/or spinal analgesia during labour and birth, as well as ongoing care once the baby has been born.
The content within this course covers:
- Epidural and spinal analgesia for childbirth
- Siting an epidural
- Epidural top-ups
- Care of woman in labour
- Care of woman in second stage of labour
- Care of mother and baby following birth
Course Access: All users are provided with 12 months access from the date of their enrolment.
CPD Hours: This course has been recognised by the ACM for 3 CPD hours, which is equivalent to the average time taken to complete the course by users during the testing period.
Course Overview: Download the details here
- After purchasing an ACM E-Learning Course you will be sent an email within 2 business days containing instructions on how to access the course . The instructions will be seperate to your receipt of purchase which will be emailed to you sooner. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
- This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
- Purchases of Midwives Learn E-Learning Courses may be tax deductible.