This course is provided by the Australian College of Midwives in consultation with the Hydration Pharmaceuticals Trust.
About the course
This course is designed for qualified midwives who want to refresh their knowledge about the causes, risks, prevention and treatment of dehydration. The material describes the considerations and concerns you may have in caring for women with dehydration during pregnancy. Completing this course will re-inforce your knowledge and skills to confidently manage dehydration in pregnancy as well as helping to educate women about how to prevent dehydration from occurring.
- The physiology and pathophysiology of dehydration
- Dehydration in pregnancy, labour and postnatal
- Measures for managing and preventing dehydration
Course Access: All users are provided with 12 months access from the date of their enrolment.
CPD Hours: This course has been recognised by the ACM for 8 CPD hours, which is equivalent to the average time taken to complete the course by users during the testing period.
- After purchasing an ACM E-Learning Course you will be sent an email within 2 business days containing instructions on how to access the course . The instructions will be seperate to your receipt of purchase which will be emailed to you sooner. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
- This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
- Purchases of Midwives Learn E-Learning Courses may be tax deductible.