Continence Promotion: The Importance of the Midwife
This course is provided by the Continence Foundation of Australia in consultation with the Australian College of Midwives. Completion of this course will provide an evidence based framework for midwives in the care of women who are at risk of bladder, bowel and the pelvic floor disorders.
NOW AVAILABLE AS INDIVIDUAL MODULES!
For more information, see the course content listed below and contact us at email@example.com.
About the Course
This course is designed for qualified midwives who want to refresh their knowledge about bladder, bowel and pelvic floor health. As key health care practitioners involved in the care of women during childbearing, midwives are in a unique position to be able to promote bladder, bowel and pelvic floor health.
The full Continence Promotion course has been approved for 8 ACM CPD Recognition Hours, which means that you can accure up to 40% of your annual CPD hours.
Access to the course will be granted for a period of 12 months from your enrolment date.
- Anatomy and function of the pelvic floor and the perineum
- Normal bladder and bowel function
- Disorders of continence and the pelvic floor
- Anatomy and physiology of the bladder, bowel and pelvic floor: pregnancy
- Impact of childbirth on continence and the pelvic floor
- Postnatal care and long term issues
Are you only interested in one of these topics? Do you only need to accrue 1-2 CPD hours?
Continence Foundation Australia and the ACM are very excited to announce that the Continence Promotion course is now available as individual modules.
To enrol in an individual module, contact the ACM Education Unit on (08) 7129 4431 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- After purchasing an ACM E-Learning Course you will be sent an email within 2 business days containing instructions on how to access the course . The instructions will be seperate to your receipt of purchase which will be emailed to you sooner. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
- This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
- Purchases of Midwives Learn E-Learning Courses may be tax deductible.