Continence Promotion: The Importance of the Midwife
About the Course
This course is designed for qualified midwives who want to refresh their knowledge about bladder, bowel and pelvic floor health. As key health care practitioners involved in the care of women during childbearing, midwives are in a unique position to be able to promote bladder, bowel and pelvic floor health.
This course was developed in partnership with the Continence Foundation of Australia. Completion of this course will provide an evidence based framework for midwives in the care of women who are at risk of bladder, bowel and the pelvic floor disorders.
- Anatomy and function of the pelvic floor and the perineum
- Normal bladder and bowel function
- Disorders of continence and the pelvic floor
- Anatomy and physiology of the bladder, bowel and pelvic floor: pregnancy
- Impact of childbirth on continence and the pelvic floor
- Postnatal care and long term issues
Course Access: All users are provided with 12 months access from the date of their enrolment.
CPD Hours: This course has been recognised by the ACM for 8 CPD hours, which is equivalent to the average time taken to complete the course by users during the testing period.
- After purchasing an ACM E-Learning Course you will be sent an email within 2 business days containing instructions on how to access the course . The instructions will be seperate to your receipt of purchase which will be emailed to you sooner. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
- This activity can be used to count towards your continuous professional development. It is the participants responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.
- Purchases of Midwives Learn E-Learning Courses may be tax deductible.