Continence Promotion: The Importance of the Midwife
This course is designed for midwives who want to refresh their knowledge about bladder, bowel and pelvic floor health. As key health care practitioners involved in the care of women during childbearing, midwives are in a unique position to be able to promote bladder, bowel and pelvic floor health.
This course covers:
· Anatomy and function of the pelvic floor and the perineum
· Normal bladder and bowel function
· Disorders of continence and the pelvic floor
· Anatomy and physiology of the bladder, bowel and pelvic floor during pregnancy
· Impact of childbirth on continence and the pelvic floor
· Postnatal care and long term issues
After purchasing an ACM eLearning Course, you will be manually enrolled by the ACM Education Team. Check your dashboard in your Midwives Learn account and begin the course when it becomes available. You will then have 12 months to complete this course.
*Reminder: you must be logged in to view member pricing.