This free course has been designed for midwives and midwifery students. It may also be relevant to other maternity health care professionals.
The course provides information about CMV and congenital CMV; that is CMV infection passed from a mother to baby during pregnancy.
The course aims to update you on how congenital CMV can adversely affect babies and prevention strategies for reducing the risk of infection during pregnancy.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to describe:
- what CMV is and how it is spread;
- what cCMV is and how it can affect babies;
- current recommendations for serological testing of maternal CMV;
- recommended prevention strategies for reducing the risk of CMV infection and transmission during pregnancy;
- the role of midwives in counselling pregnant women about CMV; and
- current CMV education resources.
Course Access: All users are provided with 12 months access from the date of their enrolment.
CPD Hours: This course has been recognised by the ACM for 2 CPD hours, which is equivalent to the course duration.
This is FREE course so it is open for self-enrolment at our E-Learning Website Midwives Learn.
When you get to the landing page, you will need to log in with your username and password. If you are new to ACM Midwives Learn, you will need to 'Create a new account'. If you are unsure how to create an account, please click here for instructions on how to create one. We suggest that you use the same username for Midwives Learn as you do for your ACM member Portal account (e.g. your email).
SELF ENROL INSTRUCTIONS:
- You will be directed to our online learning portal Midwives Learn. This requires a separate log in/account.
- If you do not already have an account, please click here for instructions on how to create one. We suggest you use the same email as you have for the ACM website.
- Once on webinar homepage,
- click 'Enrol Me' to access the webinar and it will open.
- Watch the webinar,
- Complete feedback, and
- Collect your Certificate.
- If you have any questions please email email@example.com
- This activity maybe used to count towards your CPD requirements for Registration. It is your responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.