This free course has been created to be used by both mainstream maternity care services and in the context of Birthing on Country maternity care services.
The Birthing on Country (BoC) e-Learning Resource has been developed as part of the Australian College of Midwives (ACM), Merck Sharp Dohme (MSD) Birthing on Country Project which is supported by a grant from MSD through its Merck for Mothers Program.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- have a basic understanding of BoC services and how they are currently applied;
- be able to identify and understand the evidence for increasing access for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women to culturally safe maternity services;
- be able to discuss the positive benefits of implementing BoC models through examining the evidence of providing such services;
- understand the importance of providing culturally safe care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women; and
- discover where to find further information and resources on BoC.
Course Access: All users are provided with 12 months access from the date of their enrolment.
CPD Hours: This course has been recognised by the ACM for 3 CPD hours, which is equivalent to the course duration.
This is a FREE course so it is open for self-enrolment at our e-Learning Website Midwives Learn.
When you get to the landing page, you will need to log in with your username and password. If you are new to ACM Midwives Learn, you will need to 'Create a new account'. If you are unsure how to create an account, please click here for instructions on how to create one. We suggest that you use the same username for Midwives Learn as you do for your ACM member Portal account (e.g. your email).
SELF ENROL INSTRUCTIONS:
- You will be directed to our online learning portal Midwives Learn. This requires a separate log in/account.
- If you do not already have an account, please click here for instructions on how to create one. We suggest you use the same email as you have for the ACM website.
- Once on webinar homepage,
- click 'Enrol Me' to access the webinar and it will open.
- Watch the webinar,
- Complete feedback, and
- Collect your Certificate.
- If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This activity maybe used to count towards your CPD requirements for Registration. It is your responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.