This webinar aims to increase the knowledge of midwives with minimal experience in caring for patients with hepatitis C. This webinar will provide midwives with an overview of the clinical relevance of hepatitis C including information regarding transmission, screening and testing, prevention, management and treatment.
- Outline hepatitis C epidemiology in the Australian context.
- Describe hepatitis C prevention strategies.
- Identify priority populations for hepatitis C testing.
- Describe hepatitis C in the antenatal setting, perinatal transmission and the assessment of pregnant women with hepatitis C.
- Outline the use of direct acting antiviral therapy and its importance in reducing vertical transmission.
About the Presenter
This webinar will be presented by Nicole Christie, Clinical Nurse Specialist and registered midwife at Kirketon Road Centre. In her current role, Nicole provides antenatal care to women who come from marginalised communities. Nicole has presented at various conferences, symposiums and has provided in-house and area-wide education.
SELF ENROL INSTRUCTIONS:
These videos are hosted on lms.ashm.org.au, a learning management system which houses a range of free videos and online modules. You will be prompted to login or register before viewing these videos. Click ‘register’ to create an account. Registration is free.
Once logged in, navigate to ‘course catalogue’ and then ‘nursing/midwifery’ and choose the recorded Midwifery webinar of your choice.
A certificate will be available for download on completion.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
This activity may be used to count towards your CPD requirements for Registration. It is your responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.