International Day of the Midwife Webinar
Presented by Judi Brown
Judi will share some of her own career stories to identify ordinary empowered women doing extraordinary things. She will highlight women in Rotary and issues about maternal and infant mortality and midwifery leadership.
Judi is currently the Midwifery Advisor for a joint Rotary Club of Morialta, the Australian College of Midwives and PNG Midwives Society three-year project to strengthen leadership and advocacy skills for midwives in Papua New Guinea. She has held leadership positions as the President of the Australian College of Midwives (ACM) and the Director of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM). She was the Inaugural Chairperson, Global Board of Directors, White Ribbon Alliance (Safe Motherhood Initiative) Secretariat in Washington USA.
Judi has also worked as a midwifery technical consultant to the WHO in Geneva, Thailand and India and for USAID in Afghanistan and has led midwifery regulatory delegations to Spain and Canada. In 2006 – 2009 she was Director, Nursing and Midwifery Development, Government of Dubai, U.A.E. and led the establishment of the first Midwifery training program in the U.A.E and the Inaugural U.A.E. Midwifery Professional Association. In 2013 she was the Interim Secretary General of the ICM headquarters. From 2014 to 2017 Judi was the Regional Technical Consultant (Midwifery) to United Nations Family Population Agency (UNFPA) Cairo, Egypt, responsible for the development and facilitation of midwifery education workshops in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Morocco.
1 CPD hour
This webinar recording will be free to access for May 2020, then be available for purchase from June 2020.
All webinar recordings and live webinars are free for all ACM Members.
SELF ENROL INSTRUCTIONS:
- You will be directed to our online learning portal Midwives Learn. This requires a separate log in/account.
- If you do not already have an account, please click here for instructions on how to create one. We suggest you use the same email as you have for the ACM website.
- Once on webinar homepage,
- click 'Enrol Me' to access the webinar and it will open.
- Watch the webinar,
- Complete feedback, and
- Collect your Certificate.
- If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This activity maybe used to count towards your CPD requirements for Registration. It is your responsibility to keep a record of the completion of this activity for the purposes of self-recorded CPD.