The ACM SA Branch is offering the Fiona Kemp Scholarship to two full ACM SA members in 2020.
Fiona Kemp Scholarship
Fiona was a highly respected and much loved South Australian homebirth midwife and this scholarship was developed in her honour. She was committed to the midwifery profession and made a substantial inroad into the collegiality between hospitals, doctors, obstetricians and all midwives.
This scholarship is offered to advance the professional profile of midwifery by providing assistance for:
- Registered Midwives undertaking midwifery research
- Registered Midwives attending and/or participating in National or International conferences
- Registered Midwives to attend maternity service related continuing education
- must be a Registered Midwife
- must have been a student, graduate or full financial member of the ACM for at least the previous two years
- must not have defaulted on the terms and conditions of an ACM scholarship previously awarded
- must have demonstrated participation in ACM (SA Branch) activities in the previous two years.
- must provide details of any other financial support, paid leave or other benefits received in relation to the activity or project aligned to the scholarship application
Terms and Conditions
If you are awarded a scholarship, you must:
- provide a written report within three months of completion of the study/event/research
- provide an article for consideration for publication in the Australian Midwifery News within three months of completion of the study/event/research.
- be prepared to share your professional development experience at an ACM SA event.
- acknowledge ACM where the scholarship has supported any thesis, dissertation, publication or presentation resulting from research/study undertaken.
How to Apply
If you have any queries, please contact us.
Closing date: Wednesday, 1st April 2020.