- Permanent full time
- Opportunity to develop personally & professionally
- Work for a well-respected global health care industry
Glengarry Private Hospital is seeking a professional and experienced Nurse Unit Manager to lead and act as a positive role model for our Maternity Unit.
About the Role
At Glengarry Private Hospital, our Maternity Unit is comprised of four (4) birthing suites, an assessment room, 20 antenatal, postnatal and women’s health beds and four (4) Level 2 special care nursery beds. Working with a team of midwives and nurses, allied health, obstetricians and paediatricians, our comprehensive maternity service is designed to assist with all stages of pregnancy including antenatal, delivery, postnatal and parenting education.
As the Nurse Unit Manager, you will hold a key leadership and management role within the Hospital and be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human and material resources within the department. This will encompass, but is not limited to;
- The planning, implementation and evaluation practices, processes and services within the unit;
- Working with and supporting other departments in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements; and
- Working closely with the Executive team to shape organisational strategy, improve procedural service provision and achieve departmental and Hospital strategic objectives.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting, with advanced clinical skills working across Midwifery services. Your innovative leadership, passion for seeing your team members succeed and grow, and your commitment to providing a high level of client care and services is essential.
You will also bring;
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia;
- A minimum of five (5) years post registration experience in Midwifery that demonstrates advanced clinical skills across the scope of Glengarry midwifery services;
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Previous experience in management of change processes, risk management and quality improvement processes;
- Experience leading a clinical team;
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team; and
- Alibility to apply research findings to clinical practice.
- Desirable Criteria;
- Relevant post-graduate specialty qualifications and/or management qualifications;
- Evidence of prior service delivery planning and research projects; and
- Sound computer skills using MS Office programs, including Excel.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Glengarry Private Hospital; owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care Australia, has 113 beds including a palliative care unit, a bed medical/rehabilitation ward, a surgical ward, a Day Surgery and Endoscopy unit, an Early Parenting Centre and maternity services incorporating an obstetrics ward, delivery suite and Level 2 special care nursery. Glengarry has four operating suites and procedure rooms for Endoscopy. Glengarry Private Hospital is located in the Perth suburb of Duncraig, 15km north of the CBD.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online. Please click the link located at the bottom of the ad to lodge an application. All applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police and Working with Children check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries: Karen Cunliffe, Director of Clinical Services - (08) 9246 6303
To apply, click on the link: https://secure.dc2.pageuppeople.com/apply/953/gateway/Default.aspx?c=app...