Let’s band together to save lives
Join our ‘Australian College of Midwives’ Lifeblood Team
ACM are proud to be part of Lifeblood Teams, the group donation program from Australian Red Cross Lifeblood.
As the organisation representing Midwives around Australia we know the value of blood and the importance for women and families.
Aside from saving lives through blood donation, Lifeblood Teams is about friendship, a little healthy competition and being part of something bigger than yourself. It’s a unique opportunity for all of us to band together and give something more powerful than money.
Donated blood can be used to help people in all sorts of life-giving ways. The need is constant and the person receiving it could be fighting cancer or going through a difficult pregnancy, or they could be someone who relies on regular transfusions to stay healthy — or even, stay alive. Now that’s something worth uniting for!
There’s nothing like knowing you’ve genuinely helped someone, and we’d love to share that amazing feeling with you.
Register and join ‘Australian College of Midwives’ Lifeblood Team here, or find out more from Ruth King, Midwifery Advisor and ACM Lifeblood Champion, on 0408 618 227 or email@example.com.
- Access a handy step by step guide to joining the Australian College of Midwives Lifeblood Team.
- Register and join ‘Australian College of Midwives’ Lifeblood Team.
- Check that you can donate.
- Find your nearest blood donor centre.
- Book a donation.
- Track how many donations ‘Australian College of Midwives’ has made and see how your donation has made a difference.
About giving blood as a team
- 1 in 3 people will need blood, but only 1 in 30 donate.
- Donated blood can be made into 22 medical treatments.
- About a third of all donations help people with cancer.
- You can donate together, in smaller groups or individually.
- You’ll be doing something genuinely life-changing – for you and the people you help.
Ruth King, the ACM Life Blood champion has kick started the challenge with her plasma donations, saving 6 lives. Come and join us and lets save lives all around Australia together.
The Australian College of Midwives (ACM) is the peak professional body for midwives in Australia who are registered with, and regulated by, the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA). ACM’s position is that women have access to midwifery care during pregnancy, birth and postnatally. We exist to ensure midwives are strong and confident practitioners who can work to their full scope of practice.