HESTA and ACM are offering 8 Professional Development scholarships (one per State and Territory) in 2020, 2021 and 2022
HESTA and ACM Scholarships for Midwifery Students
HESTA is the national industry super fund dedicated to the health and community services sector. Together with ACM, HESTA wants to recognise the amazing work midwives do every day. As a long-term partner of ACM, HESTA continues to be in awe of the outstanding care for which Australia’s midwives are renowned. By offering a scholarship for midwifery students in every state and territory, HESTA will help grow the workforce of the future and ensure midwifery students live up to their potential. HESTA looks forward to watching the midwives of the future supporting Australian women and families.
The aim of the scholarships is to support midwifery students connect with their profession and grow their future as a midwife. Successful applicants will receive $1,000 each to attend an ACM conference, ACM event, CPD opportunities such as a workshop, course or similar, or to cover other educational expenses. Eight scholarships (one for each state and territory) will be available in each of 2020, 2021 and 2022.
At the time of application for this scholarship the applicant must:
- be a midwifery student
- be an ACM student member
- not have defaulted on the terms and conditions of an ACM scholarship previously awarded
- detail other financial support, paid leave or other benefits received in relation to the activity or project aligned to the scholarship application
- submit an essay of up to 300 words outlining ‘Where you want your career as a midwife to take you’
- provide proof of enrolment in a program leading to a midwifery qualification
Terms and Conditions
If you are awarded a scholarship, you must:
- provide a written report within three months of completion of the study/event/research
- provide an article for consideration for publication in Australian Midwifery News within three months of completion of the study/event/research.
- be prepared to be interviewed by HESTA for promotional purposes
How to Apply
If you have any queries, please contact us.
Application closing date has been extended to 1 May 2020