Here are some questions we would recommend that you ask of MIGA (but are not limited to):
- What midwifery practice does your insurance policy cover?
- What exclusions to the policy are there? (all insurance policies have exclusions)
- What is the maximum amount of a claim that the policy will respond to?
- What does the policy provide support for? In the event of a claim arising, what will this insurance do for me?
- What do I have to do to maintain my entitlement for this insurance over time?
- What are my responsibilities for reporting under this policy?
- What price is your policy? Are there any alternative price options or discounts available?
- Does your policy provide for run-off cover? (this is essential if you cease practice and a claim arises from the time when you were practising)
- If run-off cover is provided what does it cost?