Women and Girls with RHD - Pregnancy
RHDAustralia provide free ELearning programs for all clinicians. They are delivered as a series of 10 minute modules, easy to complete as bite-size pieces, progress saved until eLearning program is completed for CPD recognition.
RHDAustralia supports the prevention, diagnosis and management of acute rheumatic fever (ARF) and rheumatic heart disease (RHD) in Australia. RHDAustralia is based at the Menzies School of Health Research in Darwin and is funded under the Australian Government’s Rheumatic Fever Strategy.
The estimated duration for each program is approximately 50 minutes, with the target audience including all Midwives working with Indigenous and Refugee women and Women from the Pacific Islands.
eLearning programs for midwives include:
- Introduction to acute rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease
- Women and Girls with RHD – Pre-Pregnancy
- Women and Girls with RHD – Pregnancy
- Administering Bicillin
Other programs available:
- Prevention of acute rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease
- Michael’s story (eLearning for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers and practitioners)
- Diagnosis of acute rheumatic fever
For more information about RHD, visit RHDAustralia.org.au