Elsevier Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Midwifery Scholarship
Application closing date extended till 31 July 2020
Elsevier established the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Midwifery Scholarship to be awarded annually, in acknowledgement of ACM's endorsement of several Elsevier midwifery publications. Up to $1,500 is available for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, as well as a year’s full membership with ACM.
Applications for the 2020 scholarship will open on 18 May 2020.
Congratulations to the 2019 scholarship recipient
Rebecca was awarded the Elsevier Post Graduate Student Midwifery Scholarship to help her with her Postgraduate Diploma of Midwifery
The purpose of the Elsevier Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Midwifery Scholarship is to provide one scholarship per year, of $1,500 plus a year’s ACM membership, to an individual who identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and who is undertaking midwifery related studies. There are four possible categories for application that are ranked 1 through to 4.
1. A midwife who is undertaking postgraduate studies leading to a postgraduate midwifery qualification (e.g. certificate leading to endorsement or honours, masters of PhD in the field of midwifery)
2. A midwife who is undertaking postgraduate studies leading to a postgraduate qualification that will enhance their midwifery scope of practice (e.g. maternal child and family health studies)
3. A Registered Nurse who is undertaking postgraduate studies to obtain their midwifery registration.
4. A midwifery student undertaking undergraduate studies to obtain their midwifery registration.
- Applicants must identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Applicants must not have defaulted on the terms and conditions of an ACM scholarship previously awarded
- Applicants do not need to be ACM members
Terms and conditions
If you are awarded a scholarship, you must:
- Provide a written report or article for consideration in Australian Midwifery News about your studies, or how the scholarship has assisted your studies
- Be prepared to share the outcome of your postgraduate studies experience at an ACM event (if applicable)
- Acknowledge ACM when the scholarship has supported any thesis, dissertation, publication or presentation resulting from study undertaken
How to Apply
For full information about ACM Scholarships, including eligibility and selection criteria, please download the Scholarship Policy.
To apply, you will need to upload your completed application form, a current resume of no more than 2 pages and proof of enrolment in midwifery related studies via the Elsevier Scholarships Portal. Applications will open on 18 May 2020, and close on 31 July 2020.
If you have any queries, please contact us.