Connect with midwives in your local area
There is at least one branch of the Australian College of Midwives in each State and Territory of Australia. Branches are involved in various activities at a local level, including advocacy and representation, liaison, education and social activities.
Responsibility of the Branch Committee
The Branch Committee exists to support the College Council and Board in planning and implementing College strategies, policies and activities at the regional level. The Branch committee should:
- monitor the external environment in the Branch’s area of responsibility;
- provide strategic advice to the ACM Council about their region;
- maintain their income generation capability and level;
- develop annual plans and budgets for activities in the Branch’s area of responsibility;
- implement all activities in line with approved plans and budgets, particularly; and
- contribute to coordination, dialogue and learning across the College.
Each branch has a committee comprising a Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and other members as appropriate. Some branches also have sub-committees which co-ordinate specific areas for the branch. All committee members are volunteers.
Information about each branch committee is available from the branch's pages listed below.
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia