ACM Peters & Hayes National Scholarship
Margaret Peters and Pam Hayes established the Australian Midwifery Scholarship Foundation (AMSF) in 1989 with the profits from a successful ICM Congress in Sydney with the intention to support the professional development of midwives in Australia. ACM now facilitates this national scholarship.
This scholarship is open to Australian midwives and midwives in developing countries.
The purpose of the ACM National Scholarship is to provide:
- Funding for midwives to undertake projects or research that contributes to the education and practice of midwifery
- Funding for midwives to undertake projects or research that contributes to the education and practice of midwifery with an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander focus
- Funding to assist midwives to present their projects or research at national and international conferences in midwifery and related fields
- Funding for Australian midwives to sponsor international midwives to present at Australian midwifery conferences, or to undertake study tours in Australia
- be full members of ACM and have held membership for at least the previous two years; or
- be a graduate or student member of ACM;
- not have defaulted on the terms and conditions of a previously awarded ACM scholarship.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to submit your completed application form, upload a current resume and supporting documents where applicable via the ACM Scholarships Portal.
If you have any queries, please contact us.
Closing date: 1 April, 2020