Pre-conference workshop with Sara Kindberg and Karina Mulvad from GynZone. Learn from the experts in this face-to-face practical one day workshop on the continuous method.
There is a pre-workshop component of 3 hours, in addition to the face to face practical workshop, allowing participants to obtain 9 hours of CPD.
Preworkshop e-learning: 3 hours (must be completed before the workshop)
Diagnosing perineal trauma and sufficient pain relief
- Classification according to international standards
Suture materials, needles, and instruments
- Suture materials: Quickly and standard absorbable, multifilament sutures
- Instruments for surgical repair: ergonomics and safety
Instrument-tied knots for continuous stitches
- Self-locking starting knot (Duncan knot) & Self-locking finishing knot (Aberdeen knot)
Suturing lacerations labial lacerations
- Continuous stitches are placed on labial repair model
Suturing vaginal mucosa and adaption of hymenal remnant
- Continuous sutures: non-locking technique to ensure hemostasis
- Hymenal remnant as an important anatomical landmark: Doorstep approach
Alignment of superficial perineal muscles and subcutaneous tissue
- Adapting the superficial perineal muscles with continuous suture method
- Continuous stitches in the subcutaneous layer just below perineal skin
Repairing lesions in the rectovaginal fascia
- Wound edges are adapted with continuous sutures
GynZones checklist for repair of 2nd-degree lacerations
- Introducing the checklist (research- and clinical purposes)
Evaluating healing after birth: experiences from 10 years in a perineal clinic
- We will share clinical cases of normal and complicated healing
Lots of hands-on experience in this workshop
- You have the option to practice on various medical models
Training models are provided by Vulva Enterprise. This perineal repair kit has the value of 650 AUD.
We understand that circumstances can change, however ACM has contractual commitments with venues for in person events and as such requires adequate written notice for any cancellations. From 1 January 2024, the following will apply to requests for cancellations/refunds:
| Cancellation more than 28 days prior to event date
|- Full refund provided (minus an admin fee of $75.00)
| Cancellation less than 28 days, but more than 14 days
|- Credit applied to profile for future use (minus an admin fee of $75.00)
| Cancellation 14 days or less prior to event date
|- No credit or refund provided
Please contact [email protected] regarding any event cancellations. Refunds will only be available if written notice is provided well in advance of the event date.
Please click here to read our full event cancellation terms and conditions.