ACM has partnered with GynZone for Pre-National Conference 1st Degree Suturing Workshops. Sara Kindberg from GynZone will be running three sessions of this 1st Degree Suturing course so you have the option to attend one that best suits your schedule.
There is a pre-workshop online component and face-to-face practical workshop allowing participants to obtain 6 hours of CPD.
Preworkshop e-learning: 3 hours
Registrants will be required to complete the e-learning module BEFORE the workshop. Course participants will gain access to e-learning 1 month prior to the course and have access for one month after the workshop.
Instrument handling and instrument-tied knots
- Needle holder, anatomical forceps, safety and ergonomics for surgeons
- Self-locking starting knot & self-locking finishing knot
Suturing vaginal mucosa
- Continuous stitches to secure haemostasis
- Start above the apex and finish around hymen
Suturing perineal skin
- Intracutaneous and subcutaneous placement of continuous stitches
Suturing lacerations to the labia
- Continuous stitches are placed on labial repair model
- Traction suture for anatomical alignment of asymmetrical lacerations
There will be lots of hands-on experience in this workshop. Participants have the option to practice on various medical models. Training models are provided by Vulva Enterprise. Please see workshop information here. Click here to view the take home training kit that is included.
This course is basic and mandatory before any other GynZone suturing workshop. Level 2 is also on offer post conference. Click here for details.